Learn how to create and design on Adobe Photoshop, with practical and actionable skills. We will equip you with all the skills you need to create graphics for social media and the web!
12 January 2018 Sold Out!
9 March 2019
Time: 1 – 4pm
Special introductory price!
LEARN & DESIGN TOGETHER
Learn how to use one of the most popular graphics editing software on the market, Adobe Photoshop – used by professionals to create banners, posters, cards, web graphics, web site designs and anything else imaginable!
Ready to level up from Canva or Easil? Bring your brand and creative ideas to the next level with Adobe Photoshop, the tool of choice for professionals in the graphic and web industry. Photoshop allows you to create powerful images and designs. This workshop is designed to get you up and running with Adobe Photoshop. We will focus on step-by-step hands-on instruction to help you familiarise yourself with Photoshop, as well as create useful graphics through fun exercises!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn the Photoshop UI and tools
- Learn how to install and use Photoshop brushes and patterns
- Create text with different fonts
- Learn how to create shapes and vectors
- Basic image editing with adjustment layers
- Learn to crop and resize images
- Learn how to combine elements from multiple sources into 1 cohesive design
- Design tips and principles will be taught
- Learn how to save and prepare the image for the web/social media posts
- 6 or less students, an intimate and personalized session
- Friendly and comfortable, stress-free environment
- Learn how to work with digital files including font packs, brushes, patterns, templates, graphics and more
- Tips on finding the best resources
- Exclusive Coding for Her tote bag containing
- Coding for Her mousepad
- Workshop notes and handouts
- Delicious snacks & refreshments provided!
WHAT YOU WILL BE MAKING
- A set of Instagram posts
- Instagram puzzle feed
WHAT YOU WILL BE TAKING HOME
- A set of Instagram graphics ready to be posted
- A set of premium resources specially curated for businesses
- Clear understanding of Photoshop
- Essential skills that you can apply to any graphic, be it for social media, banners or print
Our workshop is located at 8 Burn Road, #11-12, Trivex.
Driving: Parking is available from level 1 – 3. Parking fees are $0.90/30min from 7am to 5pm for Saturday.
MRT: Trivex is 5 minute walking distance from Tai Seng MRT. After alighting, take exit A and walk along Irving Road till you reach Playfair Road. Trivex is the building above the Food Centre.
The problem with templates on Canva and Easil is it so difficult to create a cohesive and strong brand because you are always using different templates/designs all the time. With Photoshop, a whole new world of free and paid resources are opened up to you and your designs.
The limit is your own creativity!
Who is this for?
- People wishing to learn Adobe Photoshop to create graphics
- Entrepreneurs who need to bring their ideas to life
- Businesses who need to strengthen their brand identity through creatives
Why is it called 'essentials'?
We firmly believe in teaching skills that are actually useful and usable in everyday graphics that business owners will use. So no, we will not be teaching you how to change hair colour or eye colour, but focusing more on essential skills!
I don't have Adobe Photoshop...
We will require all students to have already installed a copy of Adobe Photoshop in their computers. The full version of Adobe Photoshop CC or the free trial version of it can be found here. We recommend you install the program on your laptops just 1-2 days prior to the class to make the full use of the trial.
Do I need to know any coding before I join?
There will not be any coding for this class!